Thursday, November 25, 2010

25 Nov 2010 International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and 2010: 16 days of activism



www.takebackthetech.net
Take Back The Tech! is a collaborative campaign that takes place during the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence (25 Nov - 10 Dec). It is a call to everyone - especially women and girls - to take control of technology to end violence against women.

Please check out the TBTT website for daily actions, resources, videos, and activism. You can also sign up for the Take Back the Tech group on Facebook and/or follow via Twitter

You can view their video as well as others around the web.

On going illness has continued hinder my writing, reading, and postings. This year I intend to return to my daily blogging on these issues and others, which have remained very important to me and many others. I have done some of my writing and commentary on my facebook and delicious accounts where I have posted-book marked relevant articles as well share them with my students.

For example, I will note-discuss the ongoing problems of VAW with eve-teasing in Bangladesh and other countries where the harassers have returned to murder guardians who protested their harassment and other issues such as implementation of the new domestic violence laws. I will continue to share resources-research such as my website on Bangladesh and USA resources on domestic violence as well as the Out Against Abuse site for South Asian diaspora (also on Facebook)

Finally, I remain interested in issues of women, work, and empowerment in the global economy as well as emerging interests in social justice, commodity chains, food, security, and plant-based and vegan diets.




No comments: